Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Saving Ms. Finch

So today one of my co-workers, Judy, had a yellow finch female fly into her window head first. The bird is not doing so well. If any of you out there reading this have any sized soft spot in your heart, please send some healing thoughts/energies/prayers to Ms Finch. I dropped her off at this bird doctor lady's house in Ann Arbor, I really hope the bird is going to be ok.

On a personal note, helping Judy and that bird really made me feel good about myself. I decided that I need to do more things like that for other people- and maybe animals as well. I grew up never having any sense of responsibility or connection to my community- which I feel was a real minus. I hope I can instill that sense of wanting to help others in my children when they arrive.

Noodles & co is a great place- we went there tonight for dinner and it was soooo yummy! Jeff said he could tell I was hungry because I did the "variety ordering" thing. Where I order a little of this and a little of that- and I was excited he ordered the mac & cheese because I wanted to try it. Its funny how he knows those little quirks about me, it totally makes me feel special.

It feels weird to write knowing that, potentially, a lot of people could read this. I want to work on some stream of consciousness writing and write more like I am actually writing in a private journal rather than a very accessible website. I want to be more comfortable with who i am, and I guess this blog will be a way for me to really stand up and be who i am with an audience.

thats all for now.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been writing for awhile! Good for you! I actually have (had) a total of 25 parakeets/budgies since the 8th grade. They do dwindle off, though. My very first one flew off into the A2 wild, his wife died from ovarian cancer, a baby died from a brain convulsion, another smashed to death, another choked itself to death and yet another flew away/disappeared. Sad, yes, but the experiences with them were amazing and experiencing death itself was a different thing.